Friday, April 29, 2011

on waste - more time

recently i was given approached
 about a job opportunity.
it was a great job.  
childbirth related.
lots of interaction.
really taking my career to the next level.
in many ways it was perfect.
and part of me was really tempted to take it.

but i didn't take it.
and here's why.


the job was absolutely perfect, 
except for one big problem.
it didn't fit with the purpose 
for this season of my life.

and that purpose is these three.

now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of moms
 who work for many reasons
 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
i am certainly not saying that all moms
 should be stay-at-home moms.

what i am saying is that i know with full certainty
that is what God has called me to.

there was a season,
after our first daughter was born,
 that i had to work part-time.
she was six weeks old when i started back.
it was an extremely difficult time for me.


i prayed and prayed and dreamed and dreamed.
and on the same day i found out
 i was pregnant with our son,
my husband found out he got a promotion
that would enable me to stay home.


just a few weeks before our little guy arrived i quit my job.
it has been the most marvelous,
joy and challenge-filled,
crazy 5 years of my life.
and i wouldn't trade a single moment.

considering this job opportunity led me to revisit
 what my purpose for this season of life is
 and what, therefore, my priorities are.
He has called me to be here for my children.
and He has called me to simplicity.
and this job simply did not fit with either.


you see, the time He has given us is so precious, 
to be doing anything other than what 
He has called me to would be a waste.

and there is nothing quite so sweet as knowing
 you are right where He wants you to be.


and the peace of God, 
which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds
 in Christ Jesus.
  ~Philippians 4:7

1 comment:

  1. This is so true, and something I've been thinking about a lot.

    ReplyDelete