lessons learned and reminders
1. dogs are a lot of work.
2. most 3-year-olds (even really sweet ones) are too much for a dog (even a really patient one).
3. every dog (and dog owner) deserves a fenced backyard.
4. recognizing when you are in over your head (and acting on this realization) is usually the best thing for everyone involved.
5. a dog is like another child.
6. taking on another child (or dog) should not be entered into lightly.
7. not every dog (even a really good one) is the right fit for every family (even a really nice one).
8. patience is a virtue and a process, waiting is an art.
9. oh yeah...KISS.
10. all the lessons that would be great for our kids to learn from having a dog, will still be great lessons when they're a little bit older!
Cesar has gone to a better place...
a family with four older kids and a big yard!
as for us, we had a few tears and we will miss the little guy,
but we'll try dog-ownership again in a few years...no rush!