Tuesday, October 18, 2011

the lines

i am getting comfortable with my face.
this is who i am.
this is where i've been.

i feel no need to cover it up with makeup,
an inactual mask.
i am making peace with what i see 
when i look in the mirror.

i look at myself and i wonder where
all these lines came from?
where is the girl i once was?

i wouldn't trade them.
not one.
these lines have been fashioned
from the spirit of my life.
the peaks and valleys are etched on my face.

and through it all do you know what i see?
smile lines.
it's joy.

amazingly, miraculously.
i have been created as a work of stunning originality.


and it reminds me of this song:

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you
from The Story by Brandi Carlile

embrace who He made you to be today.
there is no one better to be.

1 comment: